IMH has comprehensive facilities for handling all types of neurology cases and neurosurgical cases. The scope and facilities of the department are as follows:
- Headache/ Migraine
- Brain hemorrhage/stroke
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Nerve and muscle disease
- Pediatric neurology problems like Epilepsy, Paralysis, Mental Retardation
- Parkinson’s disease and tremors
- Memory loss (dementia)
- BOTOX® injection for Blepharospasm, Hemifacial spasm, Dystonias, Spasticity, etc.
A dedicated Neurophysiology Lab provides the following benefits
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Evoked Responses (VEP, BEAR)
- Nerve Conduction Studies (NCV)
The department has dedicated Stroke management Services Golden Hour :
Treatment of acute infarct with clot dissolver injection (rTPA)- should be given within 4.5 hours of onset of Stroke.
We have following dedicated support backup:
- 24 x 7 availability of a Neurologist for assessment and planning of Stroke treatment.
- 24 x 7 availability of a Neurosurgeon for surgical clot removal.
- 15 bedded Intensive Care Unit dedicated to Neurological patients.
- Early rehabilitative facilities, including Physiotherapy and Speech Therapy.
- State of the art Operation Theatre with high end neurosurgical equipment.
Treatments available for :
- Head injury – EDH, SDH, Continuous Depressed Fracture
- Spine injury
- Management of Brain and Spinal tumors
- Pediatric Neurosurgery: